Saturday, May 3, 2014

While one journey ends another begins...

Hello everyone. I know it has been a while, but I have been trying to figure out how to let the world know our big news.

On the journey to my first marathon...my longest run ended up being 17 miles (go me)! And we ran the One Run for Boston (a 13.5 mile leg). We ended that week with a total of 50 miles! An all-time high!

I was just feeling funny, and I started crying halfway through an eight mile run because it seemed to me that it wasn't getting easier after all of those miles we were putting in. Come to find out that  shortness of breath, and irrationality are just two of the symptoms.

I woke up one night with indigestion, which seemed odd because I never got indigestion. My period was also off...by a few days. I decided it was time to figure this out. 

I took a test and found out that we are pregnant!


I'm sitting here with my new favorite show, Pretty Little Liars, on pause while working up the courage get this news out there...to the public. Go figure, a show full of lies and craziness would give me the push to tell my few followers that I had to quit marathon training halfway through. 


However, we have a different and better journey ahead of us...the journey to motherhood. So this blog has now changed from one goal to another.

We are so very excited, and I am happy to say that I'm 9 weeks pregnant! I know a little early to announce. But we are happy. We just saw our little peanut's heartbeat yesterday, and it was such a miracle! 


Conrad has decided to push through and continue marathon training. We are still going to Santa Cruz, so Conrad can run with Jalen and Steph. I will be on the sidelines cheering them on!

I'm still running! The first trimester so far is full of energy loss, nausea (without vomiting, thankfully), sore boobs (TMI), occasional headaches, and cravings! Hello weight gain! It is an easygoing pregnancy, I would have to say! However, I'm making sure that I keep running. Of course, I'm toning it down quite a few notches. A few miles has been my max lately, and I make sure to run at a conversational pace. I've decided that although I probably could have run a half marathon instead of the full, why? Why even bother? This isn't about me anymore and I want to give this baby the best shot possible. 

This is my life...stay tuned for my new journey :)

Strong heart+strong mind= strong body 

No comments:

Post a Comment