Thursday, June 25, 2015

Helping my 6 1/2 month old with independence


My husband finally gave in and let me get a gym membership at a really expensive place. There were many reasons we decided to get the membership, but the most important reason was getting Micah used to other people. This gym has childcare, and it is the only one in town that will watch babies Micah's age.
He's very shy, and always wants to be with me. He also doesn't trust "new" people to hold him. This could be good, but it also has been bad because we want our friends & family to be able to play with him!
It has definitely been difficult for me to leave him when he is frightened, but I know it is for the best! Other kids have siblings, or they go to daycare, and they aren't so stressed when their parents hand them off. 
It has been a week, and yesterday we made HUGE progress. He didn't cry the entire time!! He played and was very content. The people that have been watching him were so happy for both of us, and it was nice! 
We have a wedding this weekend, and my hope is that Micah allows our family to hold him! So we will see.
Oh, and he's finally sleeping through the night, and so am I!!! 😄👍🏻
Perseverance & consistency! That's the key.


No comments:

Post a Comment