Saturday, October 25, 2014

Week 34!

It has been quite a while since I last posted. A MONTH! I don't know what is wrong with me; I hope you can forgive me. I have driven to Tucson and flown to Denver, since the last time I wrote. I have attended my sister-in-law's baby shower in Santa Fe, and have driven up to the Pecos Wilderness while my husband went elk hunting. I guess I have a few excuses as to why I haven't updated my blog. 
So, although the last month has been hectic, I have still been finding ways to exercise for myself, and for baby M. I feel so huge! I still have six weeks to go, but those weeks are flying by right before my eyes. 
I have really wanted to stay in my black workout pants that stretch and stretch and stretch. However, there have been many different occasions in which I have had to dress up. First, we went to Tucson to attend my cousin, Jed's wedding. The bride and groom looked absolutely fantastic on their big day, and their decorations were beautiful! I enjoyed seeing my family, and my cousin, who is also pregnant with a little boy named Cade :) She is only a couple of weeks ahead of me. I said we would get a picture together, but we never did! The picture below is of me and my AMAZING husband at their wedding.


The week after that, one of best friends came to Albuquerque with her little one, Aiden, and boyfriend, Adrian. Christy wanted to come to the balloon fiesta, and she wanted to take her boys for their first time. Stephanie also joined us, and we had a lot of fun looking at the amazing balloons against a New Mexican sky. The one of us not ready is one of my favorite pictures!

That weekend, Conrad headed up to the Pecos Wilderness to shoot a nice bull elk. He was gone from Friday-Tuesday. While he was up there, I was able to spend quality time with his family. Virtie, Conrad's grandmother, came up for Brandy's (my sister-in-law) baby shower, and she stayed with me in Albuquerque on Friday night. Saturday morning we headed up to Santa Fe to help with the shower, which turned out beautifully. As I have said in a previous blog, she is due in February, but we are expecting them (twins) a little sooner. Our children will be very close in age. Saturday evening we headed up to Pecos, and that is where we pretty much stayed until Conrad came out of the wilderness on Tuesday.  We did go on a couple of nice drives to see the fall leaves.
Conrad packing out his big elk.

My sister-in-law and I, looking at the fall colors.
The very next weekend, I was able to fly up to Denver to help one of my other best friends plan her wedding. She is getting married in July, and has selected me to be her Matron of Honor, so I told her that we should get as much done before Micah comes because once he is here I am not sure how much I can really do! We really did get a lot done, which made me feel good! Her wedding will be beautiful, and I cannot wait!

I have decided to call it quits with Body Pump because I just don't feel right about doing it anymore. I know women do this or that throughout their pregnancy, but I think, for me, I just need to listen to my body. Of course, I always want to do more because that is what I am used to, but I am headed towards the end of my pregnancy, and I want to make sure Micah has a great environment to grow in. I am still swimming, walking, doing the elliptical, and trying to get some hikes in, but those are also getting to be few and far between. 
Conrad and I have been attending birthing classes for five weeks. They are very informative, and have helped me to relax a little bit. I don't think I will ever be prepared for the pain of childbirth, but the classes help me mentally prepare, so I am gaining more confidence. Conrad will be a great coach! 

How far along? 34 weeks
Total weight gain/loss? 25 lbs so far…it seems like I may reach the max of weight I am supposed to gain…maybe! Oh well! 
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Stretch marks? Not yet! Should I keep praying, or am I safe? 
Sleep? Not the best. It’s hard to get comfortable . Also having to wake up and pee 3-4 times a night is a drag. And the heartburn. Oh the heartburn!
Best moment this week? I don't know if I have had a best moment, but I have had lots of great moments when my friends and husband are able to see/feel Micah moving! I am trying to really enjoy his kicks in there, because I know that I will miss it!
Miss Anything? Running and wine. Movement? Yes. Very active child we got up in here.Food cravings? Pancakes!Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope, but we did go on a tour of our hospital, and I got nauseated when she was talking about all that we would deal with. Haha…great!Have you started to show yet? Yes, duh.Gender? Boy!Labor Signs? NopeBelly Button in or out? Out!Wedding rings on or off? OnHappy or Moody most of the time? I feel like I am not as moody as I was. Yay!Looking forward to? Week 37, when I am in the "safe zone"

No comments:

Post a Comment