Monday, August 10, 2015

8 months & 8 days


My baby is getting big. He's been crawling, pulling himself up, and saying mama and dada, along with a conglomeration of other baby-talk words. He's been a traveling and sleeping champion lately. Whoops, I probably jinxed myself.
A couple of posts ago I talked about how Micah didn't sleep very well. It was, of course, my own fault because I didn't allow him to sleep well. As soon as the doctor told us to let him cry-it-out, we did so. Of course, I didn't do it cold turkey, but little by little I let him cry more and more. Seriously, it only took him a week to sleep through the night! It has been glorious.
I enjoy rocking him to sleep still, but when I put him down he wakes a little and then goes back to sleep on his own. Sometimes when I lay him down, he wakes up and decides that he wants to play, so I let him play alone in his crib, until he gets tired enough to fall asleep on his own (with a little fussing, of course).
Micah is still taking three naps, although the middle one is short.
He has been so much fun! It is such a blessing to see him grow so quickly, and I become more and more attached every day.

In July, I was the Matron of Honor in a BEAUTIFUL wedding. Jen was a beautiful bride, and she allowed us to stay in a mansion of a cabin, where the wedding was taking place. It helped us a lot because we got to mingle after Micah was asleep. The monitor reached every room, luckily. We did feel awfully bad because we put him to sleep at eight, and the music continued until 10:30. Well, our room ended up being directly behind where the DJ was. We are still uncertain how Micah slept through a "rock concert," as we call it, but he sure did! We had a great time dancing, eating, and socializing, while Micah slept, but of course we were worried that the music would wake him and we didn't know what we would do then. But it never did.
We just got back from a fun weekend in Ruidoso, celebrating our friend Jalen's 30th birthday. Micah, again, was fine the whole trip. He slept through the first night, woke a couple of times the second, but went right back to sleep.
I keep asking Conrad how we got so lucky with him, and he tells me that Micah is like him. Haha, funny guy, he is.
Micah has two teeth, and the third is coming in. He has been tackling teething pretty well. Sometimes he is a little fussy, but I don't know if it is teething-related, or just because he is a baby. :)
I am already starting to think about his first birthday. I can't believe it is less than four months away! Before I grew tired of hearing that time flies when you are raising children, but it is the truth. It is a little bittersweet.
Childcare at the gym has been going excellent. Micah has been doing a great job with the people there, and I am so happy. I was a little anxious when he wouldn't go with our friends or family members, but I think the gym has truly helped him to have more confidence when he goes with people he doesn't really know.
I have just started my second week of marathon training. It is a lot harder when you don't have friends to run with, but I know that I will do it because I am motivated! I have just been running a little more than I'd like on the treadmill.
Anyway, I hadn't blogged in a while, and I wanted to update you all. Everything has pretty much ironed itself out. All the worries I had in the first few months have evaporated! I'm, of course, a typical first-time mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment