Tuesday, January 7, 2014

How do you feel about running with your significant other? ;)

Last week was an amazing first week back. I think I ran harder and faster than I have in the past because I had my husband by my side.

 What do you all think...is it hard to run with your significant other? Do you get frustrated easily with one another when you are running? I know we do, but I think that it actually ends up making me push harder. It will make our relationship stronger, I just know it (well I hope, at least). My BFF Steph and I are closer than ever because of running, so how could Conrad and I not bond throughout the process ;) I will definitely keep you updated with this whole thing, but if anyone reading feels the same way I want to know! Don't be shy. 

Anyway, we had a little bit of bad news this week. Stephanie's boyfriend, Jalen, had something come up on the day that we were supposed to run the marathon, SO change of plans! We will now be running the Newport Marathon on May 31, 2014. Exciting, right? I read GREAT reviews, and we are all determined to do it in better than four hours. It is supposed to be a fast course, so we will see. 


We did a lot of running last week that ended up totaling 24 miles. Monday-Crosstrain, Tuesday-3, Wednesday-5, Thursday-3, Friday-Rest, Saturday-5pace, and Sunday-8 miles! I would say that my favorite run was on Thursday. It was memorable because for the first time training, I maintained an average pace of 7:40. I never usually push myself that hard when I am training, and it felt good. When your body does things that you don't expect, it is really motivational because you learn more about yourself and your body that you never knew before... and then you gain more confidence and have more faith in yourself. I <3 running! 

Running in the Bosque was tough this week. I don't know if it was because I wasn't ready for the eight miles, if the weather just sucked, or a combination between the two...but wow. The first four miles were a piece of cake, and my husband and I were trying to maintain an 8:30min/mi pace. I told him at one point that I could run like that forever! Then came the turn around, and it was awful. I guess a reason why I felt so great was because the wind was helping me go...but on the way back it was against us, and the gusts were horrible. It was making me so mad. I was trying to tell myself to get over it, but it was tough.




I see all of these amazing women on Instagram and they push through much more than I do, and go out in much colder weather. I really and truly find myself motivated by other people who are stronger than I am. Other people have stories much more amazing than I do, and I want to hear them. I see them and think, "If they can do it, why can't I?" So then it just inspires me to run harder or longer...or those are the people I think of when the wind is blowing against me, and I think I cannot go another step.

3 comments:

  1. as long as we are on the same page about the run I enjoy it :) meaning we agree if it's going to be a nice easy run and we pick leader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really good to know. We never talk about a run really prior to going out. I mean, we talk about mileage, but not about who leads or follows so we will start now. Maybe that will help! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I'm exited to see how strong our relationships will be by the end of this training. Running with them everyday is challenging yet exiting all at the same time. I'm so thankful we have our guys to run with!

    ReplyDelete