Thursday, January 23, 2014

and I run...

Well, it feels like it has been a while since I last posted. 
I have been running...but I can't wait to get back into MARATHON training. It has been hard without a set schedule (as usual). 
Last weekend, I only logged in ten miles (four Saturday & six Sunday). I was able to run in my hometown on both days. It is a lot flatter in My hometown than it is in Albuquerque, so I was speedy. I think I am getting faster, and it is great to see those faster times on my Garmin watch. 


Recent Times: Sunday 6.08 miles 8:18/mi
Saturday: 4.01 miles 8:29/mi
January 16th: 3.01 miles 7:59/mi
January 15th: 4.01 miles 7:59/mi
January 13th: 5.01 miles 8:18/mi :) 

My husband's family have been here for the last few weekends working on our house...so he has been unable to workout consistently (since he is helping). However, since I am not very handy with tools, I am able to still get my runs in, and I noticed that even without him I am keeping it consistent (GO ME!). 
Tonight I am going to change it up a bit and go to Hot Yoga. My friend told me about a Living Social deal, and I decided that I needed to stretch more often, so I went for it. We will see how nice it truly is. I haven't done any type of yoga in a year and half, and supposedly yoga is a good thing for runners...so we shall see. If all goes well, I will continue going once a week, just so I make sure I am aligned in all of the necessary places. :) I will let you know. 
We start training again on Monday, and I cannot wait. We already did a week of training, when our schedule got pushed back a few weeks. I am ready to go strong again. 
#runner #irun #workhardtrainhard #runner +Stephanie Miers 

No comments:

Post a Comment