Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day and the wind is rolling...

Good morning! I am writing to you from the Grand Canyon. Although it is very grand, we woke up to 20mph winds and hail. I am sitting in the car because it is too miserable to venture outside. 
My inspirations are running in this absolutely horrid weather! It is the day we leave, so at least we got to enjoy a couple nice days! 
Anyway, Happy Mother's Day! A term I am going to have to get used to from now on...once a year, anyway. I've received gifts and cards from my great family and friends, and I truly know that I'm blessed. 
Are you going to be a first-time mom? Are you scared? Do you wonder if you will be inspirational, motivating, and hard-working enough to instill that into your child(ren)? 
I know there is a lot that I would love to make sure to do, but I hear what you want to do, and what you end up doing are two different things. I am trying to read parenting books so I'm better educated. I don't want to screw this up, ya know?
I'm still feeling okay, I have nothing really to complain about although I feel like I'm in a somewhat awkward stage. Things are just now starting to get bigger, but I'm still the only one who can tell ;) 
Anyway, I would love your advice and any feedback you can give me! Have a marvelous Mother's Day!!?

3 comments:

  1. Happy mother to be day! You might have to put some punctuation in your whiteboard notes because I thought it said that your double digit pants are tight. Then I read the blog and it says nobody can tell and I am saying to myself... she's wearing size ten pants now and nobody can tell.... then I figured it out and I blame it on the fact that I was up all night making a scrumptious brisket for the moms day celebration at our house. You guys should come to Austin for a visit.. I'll make you one. It is soo good. And you won't be hungry any more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahaha! That made me die laughing. Good advice! I'll take it next time I write on the whiteboard. I wish we could go visit you. Maybe we can sometime, really! It isn't that far! :)

      Delete
  2. Brisket sounds amazing, tell Cindy that I said Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete