Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Right in the middle of marathon training...

Have you ever experienced a time when you went on vacation, and all of your big running plans went to hell? 

Halfway through marathon training I lay here in Mexico with a piƱa colada in hand. Although we have been running, we are discovering that a mile and a half of beach isn't ideal to run 15 miles on, especially when you aren't used to it...or the humidity.

I must admit, I thought it would be easy to run here, and that simply isn't the case. We have been running three miles daily instead of the 15 miles, and 5 to 7 necessary daily miles that our Hal higdon schedule requires. 
We run our stage for the One Run for Boston 2, on Monday, and I sure hope we do okay. I mean, I know we will make it, but I don't want this whole week to throw us off. 
I'm nervous...
But I know we have the determination to continue where we left off at home. After all the eating and drinking we are doing it will definitely be a challenge though. 

What about you...has this ever happened to you during training? What happened!? Please tell...and I hope you are having a great running week wherever you are out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment