Monday, March 10, 2014

Strong



The past week has been a rough one. Conrad and I worked very hard to run according to our schedule, and we did so until Saturday. We traveled to Conrad's hometown in the mountains and when we woke up that morning we noticed that it was snowing!!! We couldn't believe it. The whole day we debated if we should run or not. I figured it wasn't going to stop snowing, so we ventured out for a nice, cold, snow in your eyes, run. Our intention was to run seven miles, but we were at 8,000 feet, and unprepared.
The snow was soaking right through our clothes, so we only ran four. We climbed over 300 feet, and I thought that was the equivalent of running seven back in Albuquerque.
So while running, we stopped a dozen times to take pictures so it wasn't that good of a run. But we did it! And isn't that what is important?

On Sunday, we got back in the afternoon, and I was so exhausted. I have been battling allergies, and they are kicking my booty! Anyway, we ran right when we got back, and it was a mentally tough run. We have been running around the Academy twice lately!!! A little background, running Academy once used to be a feat for me! Now running around it twice, after already running a few miles, and then adding miles on to that, as well...is a HUGE accomplishment! The allergies were killing me, and my nose wouldn't quit running. However, I kept pushing and never stopped. 
Yesterday we ran a record 14 miles! That is the farthest distance I have ever ran! It was doable, but trying. We ran it with an average pace of 9:05. Which is around our goal pace for the marathon. 
The other runs last week were pretty good. Some miles are easier than others. It is all a work in progress. We are getting stronger, and now we know we can do it. We are just praying that we don't get injured. 
Speaking of injured, my leg has been feeling just fine. I hope that this means I am not really too hurt, and that it is going away! 
I will work this week, and then we will head to Mexico on Saturday! We have a fifteen miler on Sunday on the beach in Mexico. I hope it doesn't kill us! Wish us luck. Xoxo...
Strong heart + strong mind = strong body 




 

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Hey, olympians train at high altitudes so it absolutely counts as 7! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you very much, I agree with you ;) I am trying to learn how to be okay with cutting some miles short when I need to. It is just hard to do! :/

      Delete