Sunday, August 31, 2014

Week 26

From last week :)
Being silly, as usual.
Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing wonderfully this Labor Day weekend. Things here have been remarkably well. However, last weekend I panicked because my one-hour glucose tolerance test came back a little high. It was recommended that I do the three-hour test to ensure that I didn't have gestational diabetes. Boy, was I scared...and this nervousness wasn't just for me anymore, I worried about Micah!The morning of the three-hour test I went swimming at 6 a.m. I know it wasn't the best idea because avoiding (drinking) water while exercising is a no-no for a prego (sorry kinda corny, but I guess that is my mood right now). I then went to the lab to do the three hour test (fasting). I was already nervous because I am used to eating when I am hungry and drinking water constantly. The first three tests were fine. I read 50% of a book while I waited, and I just relaxed. However, the last test didn't go over so well. The nurse stuck me, and no blood came out. She told me she was going to have to move the needle around to reposition it, and I knew right then that that wasn't a good idea. She couldn't get any blood out of that vein for the life of her. I asked her to go back to one of the other veins, and she did. I felt fine until afterwards. The room started to spin and I knew I was going to pass out. Well, I didn't pass out thankfully because I stayed right where I was. Another nurse brought over a recliner and they helped me into it. I felt better immediately. Ugh, why am I such a wimp when it comes to needles!?Anyway, the results came back perfectly normal, so no gestational diabetes. But being the person that I am, I always worry and panic...and it usually turns out to be nothing. I admit it!Anyway, last weekend my parents held a baby shower for me and it was so great. They rented a room, and it was the perfect size and setup for the group of people that we invited. Of course, it was a Dr. Seuss theme, and the cake was fantastic! Everything at the shower was perfect, and it was so nice to be able to chat with people I hadn't seen in a while. Boy do my parents take great care of us!                              
My husband and I :)

My grandparents and I :)
My aunt & I :)



We also shot my rifle for the first time since I got it for my birthday. After six shots, we decided that it was sighted in correctly. It was fun to go out there and shoot, but I was a little afraid it would scare Micah :) It didn't, of course. He is already a natural hunter. :)
I shot pretty well! 

Last week was nice. I was able to swim a great deal, lift weights, and go on long walks. I am so glad Stephanie is back because she introduced me to the world of Lush Cosmetics. We decided that it was important to enjoy life and relax a little, so we each bought a bath bomb! Then I discovered a bar that helps reduce/prevent stretch marks. This massage bar is called: Therapy, and I love it! The smell itself is very relaxing.I also had an appointment this week, finishing the last of my appointments every month, and changing it to every two weeks! I guess I am at the end of my second trimester, wow! Time has truly flown by!Conrad and I started the nursery this weekend, and I am so excited! It is coming along great. We haven't got the really big things, except for the glider, but we are trying to do all of the little things that take a lot of time. We painted all 26 letters of the alphabet in white, Micah's name in red, and Conrad painted a nightstand to fit the theme of the room: Dr. Seuss! Tomorrow we will do the bookshelves. 
What do you think so far?


How far along? 26 weeks & 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: 19 pounds!
Maternity clothes? All of my bottoms, while I am still trying to fit in a lot of my tops still :)
Stretch marks? Nope, I am hoping, praying, crossing my fingers and toes, that they won't be too bad!
Sleep: Still crappy.
Best moment this week: Hearing our little kicker's heartbeat, and last week's baby shower!
Movement: He's very active.
Food cravings: Everything. Too bad. I hope soon that I won't want to eat SO MUCH!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing.
Have you started to show yet: Boy have I!
Leakage: Noooo.
Gender: Micah Avery!!!
 Labor Signs: Noooo. I hope not anytime soon. 
Belly Button in or out? Out. 
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: MOODY!
Weekly Wisdom: Every pregnancy is different, and nothing is really by the book!
Milestones: Approaching the third trimester! 

No comments:

Post a Comment