Friday, August 22, 2014

Week 25


Trying on dresses was never so difficult before!

I am three weeks away from the third trimester, can you believe it? In one sense it seems like it took forever to get here, in another it seems like time has flown by quickly. My first shower is tomorrow, and my mom is throwing it. It will be so much fun to catch up with old friends.
I have started something new this week in my pregnancy: swimming! I feel like a whole new person in the pool. I have been swimming since I was a baby, and once I became a teenager I worked as a lifeguard for a few years, but I haven't swam in about three years. Being pregnant, it seems like just walking around is tough with this extra weight that I am carrying, but in the pool I feel so weightless.
Micah has been kicking around in there a lot lately. The kicks don't hurt yet, which I am grateful for because I have heard it could get quite brutal. I am prepared for what is to come though.
I have been reading a variety of articles, like having an episiotomy, and all I can say is OUCH! And NO THANK YOU! And WHAT THE HECK DID I GET MYSELF INTO!? Haha...I guess it is all part of the process, but YIKES! There are just some things that I didn't want to know! My mom says that no one told her things, and she went into the delivery room unaware of everything that would occur, and she would have rather known what was coming. Not me, I would rather NOT know. I think these days the Internet makes it too easy to learn everything there is to know. On the other hand, you can also find a bunch of garbage so you have to decipher fact from fiction. That is why asking your doctor is always the best way to go when you are unsure of something.
I took Georgie on a hike a couple of days ago. It was a rather short hike, but it had a decent climb. I am always surprised at how "athletic" Georgie is. Conrad calls Georgie athletic. Well he climbs up rocks that are larger than he is with ease! He is something else, and he will probably be neglected a little bit once Micah is born. I will try to still get him to go on his two walks a day. If anyone wants to do any favors for me, that would be it: walk George!
Conrad and I have been getting together once a month with his friends from college (my friends now too, of course). We weren't really getting to see them very often because of our schedules, but now we have decided to make time to see each other. One of the couples are expecting any day now! I am so excited for the two of them. It will be fun to continue meeting throughout, and have play dates! There are so many people that I know who have little ones, or who are expecting!

  • My sister-in-law- 16 weeks pregnant, with twins!!! She will be having a boy and a girl: Jasmine and Liam.
  • Our friend, Alden, who had twins 8 months ago (Rylan and Neala)! 
  • My friend, Christy, who just had Aiden early this year!
  • Our friend, Ashley, who just had twins a few weeks ago (identical girls, Adalynn and Aliza).
  • My cousin, Megan, will be having a baby boy, Cade Victor, in November! 
  • My friend, Tory, who will be having a girl, Scarlett, in November!
  • Our friend, Courtney, who is expecting baby Madison any day now!
Now that is a lot of friends with babies!
Last week's picture! Getting bigger :)
My new Vera Bradley diaper bag!
I guess I have "popped"
Please ignore the mess!
Also, I wanted to give a shout out to my wonderful parents. It is their 33rd Anniversary today! I can only hope Conrad and I do half as well as they did in life. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment