Thursday, September 11, 2014

End of Week 27 and the 2nd Trimester

Good afternoon:

I have finally reached the end of the second trimester. Tomorrow I will be 28 weeks pregnant! I already feel the tiredness creeping up on me. When I workout now, I really feel as though my lungs are getting cramped as everything is pushing upwards. On Tuesday I went to a Body Pump class and I really felt winded, then I did the Elliptical on Wednesday, and felt like a different person from last week! Today when Cristina and I were hiking I was huffing and puffing! I cannot be out of shape, because I have been working out consistently, it is just that everything is changing so quickly. Anyway, it is interesting. Although I haven't been able to keep up running, I still feel that averaging five days a week throughout the first and second trimesters is a huge feat. Now if I can only keep it up until the very end, then I will be set.
Steph and I at Body Pump…I'm def. prego!
The crazy dogs on our hike…George and Tucker

Starting last week I have been going over to my friend, Ashley's, to keep her company while she "trains" her twins to be on a schedule. We decided that train is the correct word because if you are consistent, no matter your child, you can accomplish a lot when it comes to scheduling. Okay, at least when it comes to her children. They have started to catch on, and are sleeping pretty well at night, and they are only six weeks old. I am learning a lot from Ashley and Alden. I think they do things differently, and it is such a great thing for me to see because I can decide how I want to do things when Micah arrives.
Alden's twins (Neala and Rylan) & I

Conrad bought me a new camera! I am so excited, and have already taken it out on a hike to try it out. I am glad that I have a nice camera so that way I can take a million pictures! Alden has been making monthly books of her twins, which I think is a great idea. I think the weekly pictures that Conrad has been taking of me will turn out better with a nicer camera.
I was just telling Conrad that I have been doing pretty well when it comes to cooking these days. A lot of my recipes are coming out really tasty…and I spoke too soon! I tried to make cookies on wax paper the other day (NEVER SUBSTITUTE WAX PAPER FOR PARCHMENT PAPER), and then I tried to make a double layer cake, and each layer stuck to the bottom of the pan! I was so sad! It was the cause of a nervous hormonal breakdown.


Anyway, the nursery is looking great! Conrad and I make a great team. :) All we need is the crib and changing table, and we will be set! Well…and maybe a few more decorations.


Hope everyone is having a great fall. I am so happy that it is starting to cool off. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment