Thursday, January 15, 2015

Gas pains? And more...

Hello everyone! 


We have been having gas issues lately, and I am shocked to know that it is a common thing. It keeps him (and me) up all night! Well at least from one onward. It is pretty rough to listen to him grunt and strain all night! The nurse at our Pediatrician's office said it was a common thing and to wait until his two month appointment to talk to our doctor about it. I hope she is right because it is hard at night for the both of us. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears! I've been changing the position I feed him so that he is elevated, I have tried gas drops and bliss water, I burp him frequently, and I keep him elevated after feedings. I think because I am overproducing, he is catching more air than normal, and choking and pulling off frequently. Well block feeding helped, but I was afraid of losing you supply. I may go back to it, but it has helped a little bit when I went back to not skipping a boob twice (only once).
I know it could be allergies, but the nurse said it most likely wasn't, and I shouldn't go through all that to figure it out.
Anyway, I don't know, but the nighttime grunting is so hard to endure. He was making progress at nighttime, and now he goes three hours instead four like he was starting to do. Oh well! 

Anyway, I had my six week appointment and the nurse practitioner said all was well! She said I could do the half in April, and resume exercise as normal. I am up 10 pounds from my starting weight. 
Steph and I have been enjoying our boot camp class, and we really like our trainer! 
I've also been walking and jogging with my BOB and Micah, but the last two days have been snowy, so I took those off. 

I sure have been enjoying our baby boy! Even when I am worrying myself sick. Why do moms do that? Why can't they just enjoy it instead of worrying about everything!? 
If anyone reads this that knows about gas pains, please give me some advice...preferably advice I haven't heard yet!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment