Sunday, September 15, 2013

The weekend

I do my long runs usually on the weekend, but last week I had to do a long run on Thursday because I was camping in the Pecos last weekend. I met a woman from my exercise class who is a member of a  local running, and I asked her if she would run with me. Although she was slower than I am, we had an amazing run. She showed me local trails along the Rio Grande that I would have never even known about. It is good to sometimes not keep track how fast you are running, and tie up your laces, and just enjoy. I still got my miles in, only I got a whole different type of experience. I love where running takes me sometimes. It is fun to connect with someone who has a whole different perspective on running. She doesn't listen to music, she doesn't own a GPS; she just does it because she loves it, and together we got our eight miles in.
This weekend I had it pretty easy. I was supposed to run a 10k race, but instead I just pushed myself to run it as fast as I was motivated to. I ended it with an average of 8 min/mi. It felt good, and it was definitely an easy run. My husband, Conrad, and our dog, George, ran half of it with me. It is always nice to have company. 
I am waiting to hear how Steph did on her run today. 
Good luck on your runs this week, wherever you may be, and remember, it is nice to sometimes leave your devices at home...and just run!

No comments:

Post a Comment